a social network
KES Parents play a very important part in the life of the School. Led by Chairman, Sid Crighton, a group of dedicated parents organise social events throughout the year, from wine tasting, quiz nights and informal coffee mornings to spectacular events scuh as the Summer Ball and the Christmas fair. Events are open to parents at all three schools and getting involved is a great way to meet more people from the School community.
As well as being social, most of the KES Parents' events also raise money for those unexpected extras that you will find across all three Schools. In 2016-17, KES Parents funded the following:
- Cedar lodge in the Pre-Prep for outdoor learning and play, whatever the weather
- Cookery room for pupils in the Pre-Prep
- Water feature for the Junior School's sensory garden, plus outdoor seating
- Sensory and practical resources for Junior School's Learning Support
- Bat detector and night vision camera for the Environmental Action Group
- 3D printer and materials for Design Technology in the Senior School
- Scientific equipment for the storage of liquid nitrogen
- Battery pack for a mobile sports scoreboard to be used at Bathampton
- Materials for the textiles club
- Anti-choking training vest
NEARLY NEW SHOP
KES Parents meet as a group twice a term to plan events and discuss funding projects. Meetings take place in the Willett Dining Hall of the Wessex Building, with a light supper from 6.30pm and the main meeting beginning at 7.00pm. Meeting dates are published in the School calendar. If you would like to join the group, please email Karen Teague, Development Director: email@example.com.
nearly new shop
Ian Cooper and Jo Metcalfe of KES Parents, along with other helpers, run the nearly new uniform shop, which is temporarily based in the Sports Hall balcony from Easter 2017. The shop is open some Saturdays - please check the School calendar to confirm the date. The final purchase price of each item is split, with 50% being returned to the original owner and the remaining 50% going into funds raised by KES Parents.
Welcoming new parents
KES Parents attend welcome events and organise coffee mornings at the start of each year to welcome parents who are new to the School. They also help out at Open Days, sharing their perspective with those who are considering King Edward’s School for their child.
Social events organised by KES Parents are open to all parents and are advertised on this site and through the Schoolcomms email facility. We look forward to welcoming you.
Even if your children have now left the School, you can still be a member of KES Parents and attend events and so easily keep in touch with friends made through the School over the years.