We work hard to build strong links with our local neighbourhood. Local community members act as role models and mentors, providing an additional layer of support and inspiration for the children and staff.
Here are just a few of the local community links we have established:
- Raising money for Bath Cats and Dogs Home, Year 1 visited the centre to see how the funds will be used.
- Eades Grocery in Bath have provided a great deal of support and kindness in allowing us to visit their fields in Swainswick to choose three Christmas trees for the school and to pick vegetables from their fields.
- Visiting Bath Library, Year 2 took a historical walk back in time to see what the Pre-Prep School was like over a hundred years ago.
- Weston All Saints Church – our Christingle service was held there for the first time this year.
- Bath Abbey – Assistant Choral Director for Schools, Michelle Lawrence has worked closely with Year 2 developing their choral talents on a weekly basis
- Stratton House care home - Year 2 visit each term to sing, play instruments and read poetry
- Harvest Festival - the whole school community comes together to not only celebrate harvest but also to provide food for families in need through Bath foodbank
- Egg Theatre - for the first time ever we took our Christmas production to the Egg Theatre for a magical performance
- Theatre Royal - it was a proud moment when we took Year 2 to the Theatre Royal to watch their youngest actor, Noah from Year 2, perform in Peter Pan as one of the ‘lost boys’
- Holburne Museum – talent in abundance! Isla in Year 2 won the Christmas art competition for the Junior section at the Holburne Museum
- Book Week - a visiting puppet theatre, author, Kim Donovan and illustrator, Chris Fisher thrill and inspired the children with their writing and drawing workshops