In Science pupils experience and observe phenomena and look more closely at the natural and humanly constructed world around them.
Biology is a key focus, with our fantastic school grounds and forest school sessions playing an important role in learning. The children are encouraged to be curious and ask questions about what they notice.
Working scientifically is weaved into everything we do, for instance:
- asking simple questions and understanding that they can be answered in different ways
- observing closely, using simple equipment
- performing simple tests
- identifying and classifying
- using observations and ideas to suggest answers to questions
- gathering and recording data to help in answering questions