Extra-curricular and co-curricular activities takes place outside of the School day, which helps to reinforce or supplement our classroom curriculum, by providing complementary learning.
There is something for everyone within our lunch time and after school clubs. Budding chefs enjoy Cookery Club, while mini tennis and tennis extend the range of sports on offer at the school. The Gardening Club helps stock Mrs Mortimer’s kitchen with lettuce, potatoes and beans, while puppet making and art clubs cater to creative interests.
An example of our School Clubs timetable can be found below.
The school’s extra-curricular provision is outstanding. ISI Report
|During the Day||Lunchtime||After School|
|MON||Group piano (Y1 & Y2)|
Group musicianship (Rec)
Piano (Y1 & Y2)
Music workshop (Nursery)
|Ball skills (Y2)||Art Club|
Bertinet Cookery Club (Y2)
|TUES||Judo (Y2)||Football (Y1 & Y2)|
|WED||Group piano (Y1 & Y2)|
Group musicianship (Reception)
Piano (Y1 & Y2)
Music workshop (Nursery)
|Tennis (Rec)||Science Club|
Speech & Drama (Rec & Y1)
Speech & Drama (Y2)
Computer coding (Y1 & Y2)
|THURS||Tennis (Rec)||Tennis Construction (Y1 & Y2)|
|FRI||Group violin (Y1 & Y2)||Ball Skills (Nursery)|
Ball Skills (Y1)
Ball Skills (Rec)
|Dance (Y1 & Y2)|
We work hard to build strong links with our local neighbourhood. Local community members act as role models and mentors, providing an additional layer of support and inspiration for the children and staff.
Here are just a few of the local community links we have established:
- Raising money for Bath Cats and Dogs Home, Year 1 visited the centre to see how the funds will be used.
- Eades Grocery in Bath have provided a great deal of support and kindness in allowing us to visit their fields in Swainswick to choose three Christmas trees for the school and to pick vegetables from their fields.
- Visiting Bath Library, Year 2 took a historical walk back in time to see what the Pre-Prep School was like over a hundred years ago.
- Weston All Saints Church – our Christingle service was held there for the first time this year.
- Stratton House care home - Year 2 visit each term to sing, play instruments and read poetry
- Harvest Festival - the whole school community comes together to not only celebrate harvest but also to provide food for families in need through Bath foodbank
- Egg Theatre - for the first time ever we took our Christmas production to the Egg Theatre for a magical performance
- Theatre Royal - it was a proud moment when we took Year 2 to the Theatre Royal to watch their youngest actor, Noah from Year 2, perform in Peter Pan as one of the ‘lost boys’
- Holburne Museum – talent in abundance! Isla in Year 2 won the Christmas art competition for the Junior section at the Holburne Museum
- Book Week - visiting puppet theatres, authors and illustrators thrill and inspire the children with their writing and drawing workshops
Trips & Visitors
School trips play an important part in enriching life at our school and help bring learning to life across the whole curriculum (they are also jolly good fun!)
We are also very grateful to the visitors coming to school to share their knowledge or enthusiasm on a diverse number of subjects.
Recent visitors to the school and trips have included:
- A trip to Bristol Zoo to see how light and dark affects different species of animals
- Going back in time at Sevington Victorian School to discover what school was like during the late 19th century
- Avon & Somerset Police visit to give a talk on road safety
- Visiting potter, Mr Inns came in to help us construct clay castles
- Wessex Water joined in with our Water Day to explain how water arrives at our homes and what happens to it when it disappears down the drain
- Year 2’s trip to Magdalen Farm
- A trip to the Kennet and Avon Canal in Bradford on Avon
- Visits by our friends at Avon Fire & Rescue
- Working closely with the parent community to help celebrate world festivals such as Diwali, Holi and the Chinese New Year
- Supporting the Knights and Castles topic with a visit to Cardiff Castle
- Visiting Brunel's engineering masterpiece, the SS Great Britain, Bristol
- Many of our projects are based around the School's locality in Bath as well as environmental themes